Are you a recent graduate / current undergraduate? Are you looking for a career working in ecology? Would you like to become an ASSET to ecology companies nationwide? Are you looking for a job that is flexible to suit you, that allows you to explore all areas of the country, and opens the door to a wide range of future opportunities? Then keep reading.
We are looking for a handful of self-motivated, passionate individuals to become part of our summer ecology team. We are primarily looking for people to help us conduct bat emergence/re-entry surveys with us. These are conducted over 3 hours or so, and take place either at dusk or dawn. The summer season starts in May and ends in September, offering a ton of opportunities for you to build skills, and earn money with us. If you’re really good, there may even be permanent career opportunities for you (many of our permanent staff – ‘Arbtechers’ – started out subcontracting to us over the summer).
We will also be looking for help conducting reptile surveys, great crested newt surveys and an assortment of other surveys. If you are interested in these opportunities, then please also get in touch.
No experience? No worries! The ASSET programme is designed to take you from zero to hero. Your training is devised and delivered under the direction of our principal, Chris Formaggia, and will be held at locations around the country in February and March. So get your name down NOW to avoid disappointment.
This training day will include:
- An introduction to working in the field of ecology.
- An overview of European Protected Species and their involvement in the planning process.
- An overview of bat ecology.
- The guidelines and scientific methods used in surveying bats for planning purposes.
- A practical guide to conducting bat surveys.
- Use of specialist equipment, including bat detectors.
- The opportunity, if we think you’re ready, to get on our vetted sub-contractor directory, and earn some £££.
Our 2018 ASSET events have finished. We will be running a number of ASSET events in 2019 with dates to be confirmed. Please get in touch if you would like more information.