We are seeking a senior to associate level ecologist, ideally with a regulatory background
In consequence of our continued and spectacular growth, we are seeking to strengthen our team with a number of key appointments.
We are seeking a passionate, motivated and exceptional ecologist with the requisite experience and background to take on a senior/associate level role.
We particularly want to hear from someone with direct experience of working in an SNCO species protection team. Other relevant experience, such as with a local authority or the Environment Agency will be considered.
We are seeking someone who is based in the south-east of England/Home Counties.
You will benefit from the flexibility of working between an office and from home.
What are we looking for?
The senior/associate role reports directly to the Principal and your key responsibilities will be:
- Peer review of draft scientific reports
- Support to EPSL applications
- Management of complex ecological client engagements
- Serving as a mentor to help develop the ecology team
What can we offer you?
- Flexible working
- Highly structured career progression
- Unlimited CPD fund
- “Cheers mate” bonus scheme (employees, not bosses, award each other bonuses)
- Full private medical insurance including cancer care (via Prudential)
- Christmas bonus
- Birthday off
- In-house training, tailored to you
- Fully paid for days out and team social events several times a year
- Opportunities to get involved in marketing and other non-scientific business functions
- Company phone, laptop, and other technology goodies
- And more besides..
To be considered for the role
- Senior consultancy role for at least three years (regulatory/SNCO role)
- Relevant scientific higher qualification e.g. bachelors degree (Masters, PhD)
- Full member of Society of Biology or CIEEM (Fellow)
- Chartered Environmentalist (Chartered Biologist or Ecologist)
- EPS licence for bats (bats, GCN and other species)
- Demonstrable experience of responsibility for junior colleagues
- Critical thinking, flawless written communication, and attention detail
This is an exciting opportunity for you to move from the regulatory to commercial sector, or to support a continuation of that transition if you have already made the move.
The role is immediately available and benefits from a very competitive salary that will be negotiable depending upon experience.
Initial interest can be expressed by sending your CV and covering letter (alongside anything else you consider supports your application*) to our principal, Chris Formaggia, via [email protected].
*You might wish to provide details of any relevant social media profiles, such as LinkedIn or twitter – we like this sort of stuff, so if you do it well, then do bring it to our attention! It would also be advantageous for you to include links to any other publications, online works and even blogs that you contribute to.
If you are successful and we offer you the role, you will need to provide three references that are happy to be contacted by telephone.
If you want to read more about the company, our team of Arbtechers, and what employee engagement and company culture means to us; this is a good place to start. Please, do a little homework before you apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
-Rob and Chris