Our incredible growth continues
We’ve hired 5 more people in the last 5 months. Now, we’re on the lookout for an exceptional senior to principal level ecologist to join our growing head office team, based in Chester. This is an incredible opportunity to advance your career, and bridge the gap to a commercial/management role within a strong, growing business.
The role will require you to work closely with our client service manager and company principal in the handling of client inquiries and the provision of tenders/quotations for jobs large and small, as well as the budgeting and management of project delivery.
The role is posted to our head office, on the outskirts of Chester. It’s a nice little barn conversion and benefits from excellent local amenities, a lovely view, and parking.
What are we looking for?
• Energetic, intelligent, and hold yourself to the highest standards of integrity in everything you do;
• An excellent oral and written communicator;
• An independent thinker, commercially astute, and practiced at building and maintaining client relationships;
• Self-aware, resilient, outgoing, open and personable; and
• Ambitious, and enjoy the challenges and opportunities of working in a busy, professional environment.
To be considered for the role
• Skilled at handling client inquiries, estimating, quoting, and budget management;
• Demonstrable project management experience for a range of projects, large and small;
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in professional consultancy;
• A relevant, scientific undergraduate or postgraduate degree;
• A relevant professional membership (MRSB, MCIEEM, CEnv, etc);
• Extensive fieldwork and report writing experience, providing advice to planning and development clients; and
• A thorough understanding of the UK planning and regulatory framework, (and best practice survey requirements) for protected species, especially bats.
Ideally you will also have
• Experience of financial/business reporting to senior management, particularly on the status of tenders, bids and quotations;
• Experience of coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues, as well as planning and delivering training and CPD events;
• A well-developed ability to review and input to the work of others;
• Some managerial experience or training, and a keenness to progress in line management; and
• A bat and GCN survey licence, and have successfully obtained EPS licences for bats or GCN.
What can we offer you?
- Highly structured career progression
- Unlimited CPD fund
- “Cheers mate” bonus scheme (employees, not bosses, award each other bonuses)
- Full private medical insurance including cancer care (via Prudential)
- Christmas bonus
- Birthday off
- In-house training, tailored to you
- Fully paid for days out and team social events several times a year
- Opportunities to get involved in a range of non-scientific business functions
- Company phone, laptop, and other technology goodies
- And 4 extra paid days leave to contribute to conservation and research projects at our company landholdings
The role is immediately available. Initial interest can be expressed by sending your CV and covering letter (alongside anything else you consider supports your application*) to our principal, Chris Formaggia, via [email protected].
*You might wish to provide details of any relevant social media profiles, such as LinkedIn or twitter – we like this sort of stuff, so if you do it well, then do bring it to our attention! It would also be advantageous for you to include links to any other publications, online works and even blogs that you contribute to.
If you are successful at the application stage you will be invited to interview at our head office, where you can meet some of our team and talk through the role and your suitability in more detail.
If you want to read more about the company, our team of Arbtechers, and what employee engagement and company culture means to us; this is a good place to start. Please, do a little homework before you apply.